vendredi 17 août 2007

Hallo Japan 2007 - Youth summit day #1

S'il-vous-plait, allez au moins voir les photos si vous n'avez pas le courage de lire tout ça. Ici.
Please take a look at the photos at least if you're not patient enough to read all this. There.

Hi everyone! It's finally here, no one had expected it but it happened, I am in Tokyo. Well I had expected it and for loooooong months now.

So let's have a bit of a catch-up about what I've been up to on my first day in 日本 (Japan). To be precise, it started with the plane operated by Japan Airlines. I'm sorry I won't be as detailed as my good friend Fabien who giving the price of the tiniest item he's been running into during his trip to Australia. I'm kidding Fabien, your blog is awesome! Keep it up.

So during this flight, it was quite hard to get some sleep because the air hostesses were disturbing you all the time. "Would you like some more green tea, sir?" "Shall I get chopsticks for your meal, sir?" Any other wishes I would be delighted to fulfill, sir?" Well... ENOUGH!!! I'm trying to enjoy the sophisticated entertainment center in front of me!

Landing in Tokyo, boring passeport check, pick-up my luggage and 1st shock, the heat! 37° when we landed. I'm litteraly melting, England didn't prepare me well for that. 2nd shock is the first glimpse of Tokyo. The city is soooo huge and dense but still friendly to live in, I never seen something like this before.

This night we stayed at the Tokyo international youth hostel in Iidobâshi, more or less in the center. We were all a bit exhausted because of the jet lag, but definitely eager to get to know each other and the first restaurant we've been to has been really cool. When I say we, I refer to the 59 german people I'm travelling with. For you who didn't follow (SHAME ON YOU, by the way) I'm here in Japan within a german-japanese exchange programme accessible for 60 germans allover Germany from 18 to 25.This one-month programme includes a homestay at a guest family, a youth summit and an internship.

The party is going on pretty well and the city at night is exactly like in the movie Lost in translation from Sofia Coppola. This is a movie that you definitely want to check out, by the way! I go to bed, dreaming of Kirin beer and the tough day awaiting us the day after... the youth summit!!!

===Nighty-night===

After a shower in the strange japanese-style seated shower, a strange japanese style breakfest including rice, salad and chicken, let's find an internet connection! =) I know... I'm the worst geek ever.

After that, we go by Tokyo "meturo" to the Goethe institute of Tokyo. It was a bit odd to find such place hier. Anyway, we had some official opening ceremony, plenty of explanations about the organisation, the work to do during this youth summit. Sorry I can't explain everything in details, would be too long.

Then lunch at the institute, we split into our respective groups and ikimaschô! (let's go!)
That's the official beginning of the visit of Tokyo and we are 5 germans led by 3 charming japanese girls, Momoe-san, Yuka-san and Fumiko-san. We've been to Shinjuku, where the town hall is and we even climb it to get a breath-taking view from the city. When the weather is nice, you can even see the mount Fuji from there.

Small geeky interlude at Yodobashi kamera, one of the best electronic store in Tokyo to buy... a cell phone! You know, with japanese cell phone, you can be 24/7 broadband connected, you don't send SMSs but mails instead, you can watch TV, pay your metro charges with embedded chips... You can supposedly do that but mine doesn't, that's the cheapest prepaid one. About 7300 yens, with SoftBank as operator. Good deal! My number is as follows 09096803630, I think the prefix for Japan is +81. To check. But anyway, you can send me emails on it from any computer to this adress: matthieu.lux@softbank.ne.jp

Great restaurant for dinner for which I had sashimi. The restaurant was in Shinjuku, one of the most dazzling places in Tokyo! I'll definitely go back and explore it deeper.

Then had to hurry a bit because our schedule was pretty tight due to a firework to celebrate Hana-bi (which means "flower of fire", well firework then) in Jingu. Jingu is also a very nice place, with a park and a temple in the middle of it. So many things to see, MY EYES, MY EYES!!!

Metro back to the hotel, on the knees! After few Asahi beers and Sake for medicinal purpose of course, we went 4-drive wheels and enjoy the party and the birthday of Markus until very late in the night...

That's all folks! See you tomorrow!

2 commentaires:

Unknown a dit…

So how is your Japanese going ?
Have you met your Japanese friend ?

Unknown a dit…

t'as même pas acheté un bête de téléphone de ouf, mais t'as quand même réussi à acheter un téléphone pour seulement un mois!!!