vendredi 24 août 2007

Presents

Hi everybody! How are things?

I don't have that much time today so without further ado, let's get to the point. My guest-family is sooooo sweet! A picture of 'em: Everything's fine at home, great food, fun atmosphere, no rules! They're just great. The communication is sometimes a bit of a problem... the wife Mizaki-san speaks a bit of german but not a single word of english and the husband, Toshi-san speaks a little bit of english but with a strong japanese accent. But basically we understand eachother and we sometimes even just rely on japanese... (I'm impressed with my level :Op) The day I met them, we went to a Tempura restaurant in Asakusa with Mizaki-san's mother, let's say my japanese grandma! Very pleasant dinner, greeeeeaaaaaaat food. If you can, please try tempura it's delicious! Then we thank the grandma, found her a taxi and went back home.

After two days, as I just came back from work, I find a pile of presents from the grandma at my place at the dinner table... Wow it pays to be french! But an even bigger WOOOOOW when I unwrapped them!
  • A gorgeous Yukata (summer Kimono) with its also gorgeous Obi (Kimono belt)
  • A beige Jinbei (traditional and very light summer clothing, useful with the unbearable heat)
  • A nan o zaru (small bell carved out of the seed of a cycard, found in southern Miyazaki-ken, it brings luck)
  • A small statue (from which I forget the name :os), your wish will be fulfilled if you draw the eyes of the statue.
Very thoughtful presents! I love them. Of course photos of my Yukata and Jinbei tryouts come after. Bye bye!

5 commentaires:

Unknown a dit…

comme la grand-mère de Pierre ! ;O)))))

La classe dans ces kimonos !
T'as maigri ?

Cassius a dit…

Donc t'as rien compris Fabien! C'était pourtant clair! Ce ne sont pas des Kimonos (qui se portent en hiver) mais un Yukata (pour l'été donc) et un Jinbei.

Suis un peu! lol

PS: la grand-mère de Pierre a toujours été très gentille avec moi...

Claire Small World a dit…

Quelle classe !

Claire Small World a dit…

PS: merci pour ta carte :)

Unknown a dit…

mais ma grand-mère est gentille avec tout le monde! Surtout qu'elle livre gratuitement à la communauté sa propriété intellectuelle, à savoir : de délicieuses recettes culinaires à base de chamallows!